Hemorrhoids during pregnancy can turn an otherwise enjoyable time of your life into an uncomfortable and painful experience.
What causes hemorrhoids during pregnancy? Read my previous article for more information about the primary contributing factors.
Here are my 6 tips for the prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
1. Sleep or rest on the left side of your body – this will assist in alleviating pressure on the inferior vena cava, and increase blood circulation from the lower body. This small adjustment can make a big difference for those suffering hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
2. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic area help reduce hemorrhoids during pregnancy. Exercise will help increase blood flow to this region and improve elasticity of the veins. You’ll also notice the benefit of these pelvic exercises during the birth process.
3. Minimize constipation (no laxatives, please!) and straining – drink plenty of fluids, consume various sources of fiber, eat nutritional food and get some suitable exercise – walking is great. Straining on the toilet needs to be avoided as much as possible. Sitting on the toilet for longer than necessary can also cause extra pressure on the rectal veins, so avoid this if you want to help reduce the risk of hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
4. If possible, refrain from sitting down for long periods of time – this can cause congestion in the rectal veins. Try to walk if only for a few minutes every hour or so.
5. Natural supplements to strengthen the veins have proven extremely effective in clinical trials – they’ve worked better than placebos and drugs. If you are already pregnant and experiencing hemorrhoids, these same supplements can be taken to relieve pain, swelling and bleeding. They have shown no side effects in clinical studies. There are also natural supplements which possess astringent qualities – these have been found to be highly effective in tightening the tissues of the swollen veins. My recommendations can be found in my book Hemorrhoids Saviour.
6. The use of natural supplements to aid the digestive process will help improve a sluggish metabolism. In turn, this will help reduce, if not completely prevent, constipation. Hemorrhoids during pregnancy will be much less likely to bother you if you have a happy tummy.
One question I am commonly asked by women suffering from hemorrhoids during pregnancy is: Will my hemorrhoids disappear after the birth of my baby?
The answer is, of course, that it depends on the individual. But the more you do before, during and then after your pregnancy to minimize weakening of the veins, the stronger the possibility of those veins returning to their normal size.
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy are not inevitable – it is not necessary to suffer with them as though they are just a normal part of having a baby.
Neither is it necessary to suffer with hemorrhoids during pregnancy because you are concerned about the side-effects of drugs. The many natural treatments that are available have been the subject of many well-conducted clinical trials, producing highly effective results. In fact, in many instances these supplements have even proven more effective than traditional drug treatments.
Pregnancy and the birth of your new baby can and should be an enjoyable experience. Don’t allow hemorrhoids during pregnancy to intrude on your happiness – there are many viable preventative solutions.
Tags: hemroids while pregnant help, hemroids during pregnancy prevention, hemorrhoid Vietnamese, pregnant women suffering hemorroid, hemorrhoids, prevention of pregnancy in urdu, preventing hemorrhoids during pregnancy <BR/>